^RecRally is a Rec Room Original driving game with one map where six-players face eachother on an off-road rally race where you boost, bump, and powerslide your way to the finish line. Rec Rally prominently features many series of twists, turns, ramps, inclines, and more for players to traverse through.
Gameplay / Vehicle Mechanics
- Rec Rally has three laps that take around 2 - 5 minutes on average to complete each lap. Every time you cross the start/finish line, that will count for one lap. If enough time has passed in a race , the game will automatically end.
- Buggies can be entered by grabbing the drivers door, passengers door, or the back trunk of the buggy. Vehicles can also be picked up incase you ever get stuck.
- VR: If you play on a VR headset, you can choose between motion controllers or using a joystick. The controls of driving will vary with different headsets.
- Screen: If you play on screen mode, the controls will vary throughout all devices. Screen players are not able to use motion controls.
- To boost collect three nitro boost gas cans found around the course. To see how many boosts you need until you can boost, see if your boost button is flashing. If it is flashing, then you can boost. Make sure to press the "boost" button to have the boost go into effect. Boosting will give a temporary speed boost. However when you boost, it is easier to lose control of your vehicle.
- VR: If you play in VR grab the lever to the right of the drivers seat.
- Screen: Press the corresponding key bind for your drifting mechanic. Control hints can be found on the bottom left and right of the screen
- If you are going at high enough speeds you will drift. Drifting can be used when trying to make sharp turns and corners.
Vehicle Controls (VR)
Expand this section by adding more control layouts for each platform!
|Oculus Rift, Rift S, Quest, Quest 2||PlayStation VR||HTC Vive||HTC Vive Cosmos||Valve Index||Windows Mixed Reality|
|Steering (Motion)||Grab the wheel with the grip or trigger button, then use your hands to steer. Move it like a real wheel!||Steering (Motion)||Steering (Motion)||Steering (Motion)||Steering (Motion)||Steering (Motion)|
|Steering (Joystick)||Grab the wheel with the grip or trigger button, then use the left or right joystick to steer.||Drifting||Drifting||Steering (Joystick)||Steering (Joystick)||Steering (Joystick)|
|Drifting||Grab the lever with the grip or trigger button.||Boosting||Boosting||Drifting||Drifting||Drifting|
|Boosting||Hit the "Boost" button in your vehicle with your hand to boost. (You can also boost by clicking down the left joystick.)||Exiting Vehicle||Exiting Vehicle||Boosting||Boosting||Boosting|
|Exiting Vehicle||Press A or X on your touch controllers.||Exiting Vehicle||Exiting Vehicle||Exiting Vehicle|
Vehicle Controls (Screen)
|Steering||W, A, S, D||Steering||Left analog stick.||Steering||Left analog stick.||Steering||Tap the up arrow, down arrow, left arrow, and right arrow icons.||Steering||Tap the up arrow, down arrow, left arrow, and right arrow icons.|
|Drifting||Left Shift||Drifting||X||Drifting||A||Drifting||Tap the lever icon.||Drifting||Tap the lever icon.|
|Boosting||Space||Boosting||L3 (Press down left analog stick.)||Boosting||LS (Press down left analog stick.)||Boosting||Tap the thunder bolt icon.||Boosting||Tap the thunder bolt icon.|
|Exiting Vehicle||Esc||Exiting Vehicle||Circle||Exiting Vehicle||B||Exiting Vehicle||Press the icon that looks like a door.||Exiting Vehicle||Press the icon that looks like a door.|
Help expand this section by giving descriptive details about the racing course!
Rec Rally consists of only one map, meaning there is only one course currently available. The course will go as follows.
Upon starting the race, there will be a small dirt road. At the end of this road, the will be a series of two turns. Once you get past those, you will come up upon a hill. After going up this hill, you will be met by a large red barn. In the surround area, you will see boosts, cutout chickens, haybales, and vehicles. If you go into the barn, you will be met with more hay and cutout horse. Once you go past the barn, there will a slight ramp bit in the the terrain, which will lead to the next area in the course. After jumping over the ramp, swerving right will take you to a very steep hill. Going up this hill without a boost will be a rather slow process. Once you get to the top of the hill, you will be met with a huge incline. Going down this incline, you will have to make a turn. Lots of boosts are present in this area. Once you are finished making this turn, you will have to traverse a few more shorter and rocky inclines. After these inclines, you will be in the next area of the course. Once going through a small tunnel, you will be able to see an overview to a bridge. Passing the bridge will take you to a very narrow drifting point, marked with large white and red arrows. Once you go through this drifting area, you will see a small hill. When you get to the top of this hill, you will see train tracks.
After The Race
After the race, the people in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place are placed upon a podium corresponding to their place in the race. Anybody else will not be placed on the podium.
Racing Course Gallery
Help expand this section by providing better photos of each set and the merch booth. For example, post pictures of gloves, hats, and shirts, then post them here!
Once you have completed a race in Rec Rally, you have a chance of getting the Settler Set. The settler set consists of a hat and a shirt. There are also two racing sets that you can buy at the Rec Rally merch booth. One of them is blue, the other red. None of these sets can be bought in the store section of your Watch Menu. All three sets are shown below.
Tips & Tricks
Help expand this section by providing more tips in tricks to do in Rec Rally!
When editing and posting tips and tricks, please explain how to do it properly. (if its not apparent at first sight)
- Try to use your boosts strategically. You are able to pass multiple people or even get into 1st place with a single boost. Timing is the key to mastering boost usage.
- Practice driving in private lobbies. This will help you improve and sharpen your skills.