|This article is need of a clean-up. You can help out Rec Room Wiki by re-organizing parts of the article, checking grammar and spelling, and doing other helpful things to correct the article.
The Dorm Room is your personal room where you can change your Cosmetic Items using the Wardrobe, change your hair color, skin color, and facial features using the Mirror, or browse the Watch Menu without worrying about the interaction with other players.
There are several objects in the room that you can play with, including a bucket, darts, a ping pong ball and paddle, a Basketball hoop, a punching dummy, a water bottle, a Radio and a Whiteboard up the ladder.
The Wardrobe is where you can change your Cosmetic Items. Simply point at one of the drawers with a controller and pull the trigger to release your collection into the room. Then you may move around the room and drag the pieces onto your body to try them on. Look into the mirror to check yourself out!
You can remove some cosmetic items by selecting the corresponding drawer and grabbing the item off of your avatar. If you cannot remove an item by grabbing it, you can remove it by putting it on again.
The six bottom, left drawers contain the following pieces:
- Hair: This drawer includes beards and mustaches as well.
- Accessories: There are three different types of accessories in this drawer: head, torso, and belts. You can wear one of each.
- Dresses: The items in this drawer share one slot with shirts; i.e., you can only wear one or the other.
The Wardrobe also has three smaller drawers containing Skins for prop items that are rewarded for completing weekly Challenges. By grabbing one of the skins you can select and deselect it (as indicated by a star) such that this skin is applied to a prop item whenever you pick up a prop of the same kind.
MirrorThe mirror includes 3 blue buttons that allow you to change your hair color, skin color, and facial features.
- The blue button with a wig icon activates the hair color settings. Click the red button to cancel, the blue check mark to confirm, the wide button with a wig icon to set your main hair color, the beard icon to set your facial hair color, and one of the colored buttons to choose a color.
- The blue button with a player icon activates the skin color settings. Click the red button to cancel, the blue check mark to confirm, and one of the colored buttons to choose a color.
- The blue button with a face icon activates the facial features settings. Click the red button to cancel, the blue check mark to confirm, the eyes icon to set the style, position, and size of your eyes, the mouth icon to set the style, position, and size of your mouth, the arrow buttons on the left-hand side to choose from various styles for eyes and mouth, the arrow buttons on the right-hand side to set the position of eyes or mouth, and the plus and minus buttons to change the size of eyes or mouth.
Customizing Your Dorm Room
Using the Maker Pen, you can customize your dorm room like any other Custom Room that you create. You can save changes with the "Save" button of the Details Tab of the This Room Menu of your Watch Menu.
|June 30, 2016||Early versions of the Dorm Room are debuted alongside Rec Room. It was split into two parts - the Starter Room and the Changing Room.|
|July 26, 2016||The Starter Room and the Changing Room are merged together into the Dorm Room. This also introduced the Zero-G Wardrobe.|
|August 2, 2016||Lighting Changes were made, alongside of the introduction of the Bulletin Board.|
|October 5, 2016||The tutorial function is added to the Dorm Room, starting when any player first launched the game.|