There are ten different slots (hat, hair, facial hair, left hand, right hand, etc.) into which you can place cosmetic items that will change your appearance. You can fill these slots by selecting items in the Mirror in the Dorm Room. You can only have one item in each slot. Attempting to place an item in an already filled slot will replace the item that has been in the slot. To remove cosmetic items, select them again.
Each Rec Room avatar has ten "slots" for cosmetic items:
- Hair (Head)
- Hair (Face)
- Accessories (Head)
- Accessories (Torso)
- Accessories (Necklaces)
- Accessories (Belts)
- Two Gloves
Obtaining Cosmetic Items
Cosmetic items can be acquired in several ways:
- Starter items are given to every new Rec Room character.
- Store items may be bought with the Store Menu of your Watch Menu or at the Merch Booth with tokens that come in Packages, which are earned in various ways.
- Quest rewards are earned by winning a Quest. Defeating the last boss in any Quest will create one treasure chest for each player present. Each chest contains one item of a Quest Cosmetic Set, the rank of which is determined by the Quest Rating that the team earned.
- Special items are (or were) obtained from merch booths of some games (e.g. Laser Tag, Isle of Lost Skulls, Crescendo of the Blood Moon), Weekly Challenges, and in some other ways (e.g., winning a cosmetic item as a prize of a competition).
- Some featured #community rooms offer special promotional items as rewards: ^HighWinds, ^QuestForTheJade, ^NathieArcade,^PSVRFrank, ^SoulFoxTale, ^GRADS2020, ^PRIDEfest